- Maine, New Jersey, Illinois and Oregon require that a person be 21 to purchase e-cigarette products.
- Hawaii requires the age of 21 for sale, distribution and use of e-cigarettes.
- California requires that a person be 21 to purchase both e-cigarettes and conventional cigarettes.
- Alaska, Utah and Alabama require the age of 19 to buy and possess e-cigarettes and related products.
- The remaining 42 states only require a person to be 18 to purchase e-cigarettes.
For the Specific guidelines on each state and applicable laws please refer to our Youth Prevention Program .